CCOC offers the convenience of paying your rent by pre-authorized payment. Another term for this plan is direct debit. Simply put, this is an instruction from you to your bank to allow CCOC to collect your monthly rent on a set date. The rent will be deducted automatically on the first business day of each month.
Questions? Email the Rent Collections Officers or call 613-234-4065 ext 0.
Download and print the application form to enroll in the pre-authorized payment plan.
Attach an unsigned cheque marked VOID to the completed form and return it to our office.
Mail the form to:
Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation
415 Gilmour Street, Suite 200
Ottawa, ON K2P 2M8
Or drop it off in person Monday to Friday, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
How will you benefit from this method of payment?
- It’s easy – you will not need to write monthly cheques or pay for postage.
- Payments are automatically recorded on your bank statement or passbook, so you do not have to keep separate records.
- You can stop worrying about missing a payment, mail delays, or being away on vacation.
- It can save you time – you do not have to make a special visit to our office.
- You can choose to stop the pre-authorized payments with appropriate notice at any time.
Terms and Conditions
The total monthly rent due as determined by your latest Rent Change Notice will be deducted automatically from your bank account on the first business day of each month. Pre-authorized payments can be drawn on any Canadian financial institution.
If two or more of your payments are returned unpaid by your bank within a one-year period, the pre-authorized plan will be cancelled and payment will only be accepted by certified cheque, Interac or money order. Note: Any returned pre-authorized payments will be subject to a $15 administrative charge.
The agreement can be terminated in writing at any time, by either the tenant or CCOC.
The scheduled payment for any month may be cancelled up to four business days before the first of the month, by contacting the Finance department by email or phone. If the agreement is cancelled, or if any monthly payment is cancelled, the rent owing must be paid directly to CCOC.