Get involved! CCOC is happy to provide tenants with resources to celebrate and bring their neighbours together.
Decorate your building’s common area
Want to bring a little festivity for your building? CCOC provides funding for tenants to add some seasonal sparkle for all to enjoy. Volunteer decorators can request up to $20 per holiday for decorations for the lobby or common area.
Host a celebration
Have a great idea to bring your building together? Want to celebrate a holiday or just get to know your neighbours? Hosts can request up to $50 for food for gatherings where all tenants are invited. CCOC has a large barbecue you can use too (if there’s space outside). Tenants have planned past events ranging from tea parties to arts and craft gatherings.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, tenants must ensure they have a plan showing how they’ll follow public health guidelines. This is mandatory to get financial or other support from CCOC. The plan should include:
- Limiting the number of people to the current maximum allowed. This can mean creating an RSVP list and closing the events once that maximum capacity has been reached. Find more information on how many people can attend physically distanced events here.
- Ensuring 2 metres of distance can be maintained at all times with a description of the space.
- Using signage with the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Leave the space as you found it. Ensure no litter is left behind and any surfaces you touch have been sanitized.
- Ensuring no supplies will be shared.
For more information
Contact CCOC’s Tenant and Community Engagement Facilitator, Hannah Vlaar, by calling 613-234-4065 ext. 240 or using the form to your right.