About you: Are you a highly organized HR professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment? Do you have experience managing payroll and benefits?
CCOC is looking for a Human Resources Officer to support day to day HR operations. The ideal candidate is able to use sound judgement whilst juggling competing priorities in a sometimes unpredictable workday.
About the job: You will lead HR programs, payroll, and benefits for all CCOC employees. You should have experience in all areas of human resources, preferably in a small to medium sized organizations working within a small team and people from diverse backgrounds. Please note: this is a 3 month full-time (35 hour/week) opportunity to start, with possibility of permanency.
About us: CCOC is a community-based, tenant- and member-directed, non-profit housing organization whose mission is to create, maintain and promote housing for low and moderate income people. We value diversity, collaboration, inclusive and open decision-making, innovation, creativity and sustainability.
Compensation: between $52,336 and $59,812, based on experience and qualifications. The maximum compensation for the position is $67,289.
Application deadline: 5:00pm Wednesday September 22, 2021.
It is CCOC’s goal to be an inclusive organization and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. We, therefore, actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQIA2+ community, persons with disabilities and women.
Preference will be given to candidates with skills in additional languages, and candidates with personal or professional experience with marginalized communities.
Forward resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com . Your cover letter should specifically address how you meet the education, experience, competencies and skills listed in this job description. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise us when initially contacted.
A pdf of the full job description can be found here.
Human Resources Officer
Reports To: Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
The Human Resources Officer leads day-to-day human resources operations. They administer CCOC’s payroll, benefits, and human resources programs.
Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Administers payroll services and systems by:
- Ensuring that employees are paid in adherence with approved rates and terms;
- Establishing and maintaining complete employee records
- Verifying all timesheet and mileage data has been properly authorized
- Preparing bi-weekly payroll input, and submitting to service provider’s web-based interface
- Distributing payroll documentation
- Maintaining checklists to ensure accurate and timely processing of salary adjustments and other benefit implementation
- Preparing and issuing Records of Employment as necessary
- Coordinating and implementing eligible EI Medical and/or Parental leave payments
- Preparing year-end payroll T-4 reconciliation with service provider
- Responsible for monthly and annual financial reporting and the administration of CCOC’s employee benefits programs by:
- Ensuring timely processing of benefit enrolments and change requests (group insurance, OMERS pension, RRSP, etc.)
- Reporting on vacation, sick leave, overtime, and mileage data to supervisors/directors and Personnel Committee on a regular basis
- Submitting group insurance enrolments and/or OMERS application/change forms as required
- Ensuring the monthly remittance of WSIB and OMERS contributions
- Preparing annual OMERS reconciliation data (Form 119)
- Supports Human Resources operations and programs by:
- Working with supervisors/directors to draft employment offers and/or status-change letters to ensure consistency with applicable policies
- Supporting the hiring process by contacting candidates and drafting interview questions
- Managing the issuance and replacement of staff identification cards
- Drafting and/or updating relevant policies of employment as required
- Training employees in the use of HR-related systems
- Tracking usage of “employee-supplied devices”, setting up user agreements and arranging cost reimbursements in accordance with corporate policies
- Tracking assignment of, “company-supplied devices” such as laptops and cell phones, setting up user agreements in accordance with corporate policies
- Processing all forms and documentation with respect to WSIB injury reporting, working with affected staff to ensure timely compliance, and initiating follow up with WSIB on open claims, as needed
- Participating in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Committee and workplan activities, reporting on employee injuries to both HSC and Personnel
- Assisting with AODA compliance and implementation
- Assisting the Corporate Services Supervisor with corporate training and professional development support activities
- Providing support to the Personnel committee by taking minutes at monthly evening meetings
Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Corporate Services or the Executive Director.
The position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-Operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
Education and Experience
- 2 years of post-secondary experience
- 3 years of related work experience
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- Knowledge of ADP is considered a strong asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication in English
- Intermediate verbal communication in French and basic written communication in French
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion