Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation (CCOC) is looking for a Corporate Services Supervisor.
The ideal candidate is able to use sound judgement whilst juggling competing priorities in a sometimes unpredictable workday. Technology savviness and strong organizational skills are essential for success in this role.
You will lead a team of two (2) Tenant Service Representatives and manage the head office. You should have experience leading a small team and working with people from diverse backgrounds to provide friendly, respectful, and efficient service.
CCOC is a community-based, tenant- and member-directed, non-profit housing organization whose mission is to create, maintain and promote housing for low and moderate income people. We value diversity, collaboration, inclusive and open decision-making, innovation, creativity and sustainability.
Compensation: between $58,686 and $69,042, based on experience and qualifications. The maximum compensation for the position is $79,398.
Application: Apply 5:00 p.m. Monday August 23, 2021.
Forward resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com . Your cover letter should specifically address how you meet the education, experience, competencies and skills listed in this job description. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise us when initially contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
A copy of the full job description can be found here.
Corporate Services Supervisor
Reports To: Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services
Supervises: Tenant Service Representatives
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
The Supervisor, Corporate Services supervises and supports the service desk, oversees proper functioning of CCOC workplaces, and supports good governance by assisting the Board of Directors, and provides corporate secretariat services.
Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list)
1. Supervises the tenant service desk by:
- monitoring information and service requests at the tenant service desk to ensure staff, publications and communications supply the right information to tenants;
- ensuring Tenant Services Representatives staffing the service desk are properly equipped with information, training and tools to provide exceptional customer service.
2. Ensures good functioning of CCOC workplaces (primarily the head office) and supports information technology by:
- ensuring staff are equipped with appropriate technology to meet ongoing and changing needs;
- planning and executing network and systems maintenance and enhancements;
- managing regular desktop hardware and software and end-user needs, with external resources and vendors as required;
- overseeing basic office administration, supplies and shared equipment;
- managing office cleaning contracts and security systems;
- managing the phone system, voicemail and auto-attendant systems.
3. Supports the service desk by filling in for Tenant Service Representatives as required and facilitates the effective operation of the tenant services desk through the performance of duties such as, but not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with tenants;
- Responding to tenant service and information requests;
- Receiving rents and rent deposits and issuing receipts;
- Listening to tenant grievances and responding to tenant complaints; referring inquiries to appropriate staff as needed;
- Upholding CCOC’s customer service standards for acknowledging and responding to messages in a timely manner;
- Referring complex and/or ongoing service requests to appropriate staff within Facilities Management Department and working with staff to ensure follow up;
- Facilitating communication and coordinating between staff, contractors and tenants on an ongoing basis ;
- Working directly with tenants and other departments to help maintain a high quality of life and sense of community.
4. Supports good governance by assisting the Board of Directors and provides corporate secretariat services by:
- taking minutes and preparing information packages for monthly meetings of the Board of Directors;
- assisting the Executive Director in organizing annual strategic planning meetings as well as board and committee orientations;
- organizing the business and governance functions of the Annual General Meeting, including renewal of memberships, overseeing election of directors, and taking minutes;
- ensuring all corporate policies, bylaws and similar governing documents are kept up to date and made available to staff and volunteers;
- managing corporate records and archives; and
- working with the Executive Director, ensure compliance with the Corporations Act, Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and similar legislation.
5. Performs such other duties as may be required by the Director, Human Resources & Corporate Services and the Executive Director.
This position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-Operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
Education and Experience
- Completion of two years post-secondary education.
- 5 years of related work experience in property and/or office management, including some leadership or supervision of staff.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Experience and a demonstrated commitment to collaborative and progressive non-profit and volunteer-based management approaches.
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyager is considered a strong asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel.
- Advanced verbal and written communication in English.
- Intermediate verbal communication in French, intermediate written communication in French is a strong asset.
Supervision and Decision-Making
- Decision-making forms a large part of the performance and impacts an entire function of the organization. The process is guided by broad policies and general objectives; original independent thinking and definite judgement are required.
- Responsible for providing direct day-to-day supervision of two (2) Tenant Service Representatives. Responsible for developing new or changed procedures.
- Works under general direction, must be able to think independently to come to solutions
- Considerable impact to CCOC, tenants, and employees if errors are made.
- Regular use of confidential information, most specifically tenant files.
- Interaction with internal colleagues involves planning and coordinating the efforts of others.
- Interaction with external contacts requires tact and courtesy, primarily in exchanging information.
- Normal office environment; periods of light physical effort are required (i.e.: intermittent sitting, standing, reading, typing)
- Some degree of physical skill and coordination required (i.e.: basic keyboarding, use of word processing software, data entry).
- Comfortable work environment (office setting).
- The work environment may involve considerably stressful situations at times. For example: receiving a complaint from an irate tenant about cleanliness of the lobby area, and referring the tenant to the appropriate staff member (Operations Manager) for resolution.