Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation (CCOC) is looking for a Director for our Facilities Management Department.
Are you the kind of person who can lead strong high performing teams? Can you keep calm and focused under unpredictable circumstances? Are you dedicated to customer service and continuous improvement? You might be the right person to lead our Facilities Management Department.
CCOC is a community-based, tenant- and member-directed, non-profit housing organization whose mission is to create, maintain and promote housing for low and moderate income people. We operate 52 properties that provide homes for almost 1600 households.
CCOC values diversity, collaboration, inclusive and open decision-making, innovation, creativity and sustainability.
Compensation: Starting wage between $77,420.04 and $91,082.94, based on experience and qualifications. Maximum compensation for this position is $104,744.82.
Benefits: Extended health care, dental and eyewear, OMERS pension.
Application: Apply before 4:00 pm, Wednesday, October 23rd with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled for November 6th and 7th.
Preference will be given to candidates with skills in additional languages, and candidates with personal or professional experience with marginalized communities.
A full copy of the job description can be found here.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Operations Managers, Capital Projects Manager, Pest Control Coordinator, Inspections Maintenance Technician
Department: Facilities Management
The Facilities Management Director ensures the highest quality of customer service for CCOC tenants, is responsible for monitoring the condition of all properties, and ensuring that all maintenance and capital work is appropriately planned and coordinated. This is accomplished by supervising and coordinating the activities and workload of the maintenance staff and addressing and resolving tenant issues and emergencies.
Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list)
1. Ensuring the highest quality of customer services by:
- Training and equipping maintenance office staff to serve tenants in an efficient, timely, courteous and respectful manner
- Working with Operations Managers to train and equip field staff to serve tenants in an efficient, timely, courteous and respectful manner
- Coordinating information, workflow and service standards with the CCOC service desk and Tenant Service Representatives
- Monitoring performance on approved service standards
- Maintaining appropriate procedures and operations manuals, and checklists for staff
2. Develop long term facilities management and capital repair plans by:
- Working with facilities management staff to develop and continuously update a comprehensive annual, intermediate term and life cycle maintenance program for all properties and facilities
- Reviewing annual maintenance operating budgets and annual capital budgets for all properties
- Preparing reports of replacement reserve requirements, and working with the Finance Director to annually update a long-term capital plan
- Preparing annual capital repair plans and overseeing all capital repair projects
- Providing input to the assessment of potential new development projects with respect to long term maintenance costs
3. Oversee the maintenance of existing building by:
- meeting regularly with Operations Managers and Capital Project Manager to review day-to-day activities and address potential and emerging problems
- meeting regularly with other CCOC staff to review and discuss operational issues such as: financial matters, new construction, community issues
- monitoring the condition and maintenance of the buildings to ensure that appropriate preventive maintenance and improvements are completed as required
- ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and bylaws on the maintenance and safety of residential properties
4. Advise and support the Facilities Management Committee of the Board by:
- ensuring committee members are informed as needed to make sound decisions and recommendations to the Board;
- preparing regular reports to, and attending all meetings of the committee as staff support;
- advising the committee on policy development and strategic planning.
- keeping up to date on building management and building science techniques and innovations and advising the committee on good practices
5. Manages the Facilities Management Department, and hires, trains, coaches and supervises facilities management and capital project staff:
- ensuring a fair distribution of work;
- ensuring the preparation of annual work plans;
- carrying out annual performance reviews;
- ensuring the effective integration of the Department and staff into larger corporate workflows and the organizational mission ; and
- reviewing material produced by staff.
6. Performs other duties as requested by the Executive Director or the Facilities Management Committee:
This position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-Operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
Education and Experience
- Completion of a four-year post-secondary degree
- 7 years of related work experience, including at least 4 in a management and supervisory capacity
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is considered an asset
- Advanced verbal communication in English, intermediate written communication in English.
- Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset but not required
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License and daily access to a dependable vehicle