CCOC is a community-based, tenant and member directed, non-profit housing organization whose mission is to create, maintain and promote housing for low and moderate income people.
We’re looking for up to two bilingual customer service rockstars to fill our new Tenant Service Representative roles.
As a Tenant Service Representative, you will be the first face people see when they visit the CCOC office. You should be open to working with people from diverse backgrounds to provide friendly, respectful, and efficient service.
Our ideal candidate is able to think quickly and creatively, juggling competing priorities in a sometimes unpredictable workday. You should be detail-oriented and committed to seeing tasks through to their completion. You’re comfortable with technology including Microsoft Office Suite, and able to communicate clearly in both official languages.
CCOC is going through an exciting period of growth and reimagination. We’ve created these new positions to help serve tenants better. If you’re the kind of person who thrives in times of change, we want to hear from you!
Tenant Service Representative
Tenant Service Representatives work as a team to perform front desk reception duties for the office and to support basic functions of key operations and tenant service for multiple departments; provide support to the Corporate Services Supervisor, Executive Director and other departments as needed, and support good general functioning of the office workplace.
Download a complete job description.
Reports to: Supervisor, Corporate Services
Starting wage: $39,981 per year with benefits
Application deadline: 1:00 pm Monday, May 29, 2017
Forward résumé and cover letter by email to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line. Your cover letter should specifically address how you meet the education, experience, competencies and skills listed in the job description.
Interviews will take place on June 5 and 6.
This is a Regular (full-time, ongoing) position.
(This is not an exhaustive list)
1. Performs front desk reception duties and provides basic tenant service by:
- greeting and assisting walk-in traffic, answering phones and general e-mail accounts;
- responding to basic service requests, and referring complex requests to the appropriate department as needed;
- upholding CCOC’s customer service standards for acknowledging and responding to messages in a timely manner;
- giving out basic rental information, including information specific to affordable housing
- receiving and verifying documentation from tenants;
- receiving rents and rent deposits and issuing receipts; and,
- providing basic service to tenants for maintenance requests, initiating work orders and logging service requests, initiating notices of entry as needed.
2. Provides support to the Corporate Services Supervisor, Executive Director and other departments by:
- acting as recording secretary for general staff meetings; scheduling replacement and relief staff for front desk duties;
- managing guest parking, providing support to the Rental department in the management of parking by tenants/applicants;
- managing bike parking agreements and maintaining accurate records of active bike parking permits;
- managing the booking of meeting rooms; and,
- preparing lease information packages and ensuring materials are up to date and available.
3. Supports good general functioning of the office workplace by:
- managing the mail out functions, courier pickup and delivery;
- performing beginning and end of day tasks to secure the office;
- keeping the main reception area of the office clean and tidy.
- ordering all office supplies, maintaining a basic inventory, assigning purchase order numbers and coding invoices, keeping all office supply areas in a functional and tidy manner; and,
- ensuring maintenance and regular servicing of photocopiers, and common office equipment (not including computer equipment).
4. Performs such other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Corporate Services Supervisor or Executive Director.
This position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with the public
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Excellent oral skills in English and French
- Good writing skills in English and French
- Experience in working with people from multiple cultures, levels of ability and backgrounds
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated requirements
- Fluency in a third (or more) language
- Familiarity with property management practices
- Work experience in rental housing or property management
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
Summary of Benefits and Eligibility
||earned at 1.25 to 2.667 days/month
||earned at 1.25 days/month (15 days/year)
||earned at 0.1667 days/month (2 days/year)
|Other leave with pay (birthday, jury, etc.)
|EI Sub-Plan – compassionate leave top up
||after one year of employment as a regular employee (up to 8 wks)
|EI Sub-Plan – medical/parental leave top up
||after one year of employment as a regular employee
|Group Insurance (Long term disability/drug plan )
||after 6 months
|Supplementary Medical Plan (dental /eyewear)
||after initial probation or 6 months
|EAP – Employee Assistance Plan
||after initial probation or 6 months
||mandatory for all regular employees